Friday, October 20, 2006

Active members

Recently I was required to preside over a meeting for a committee I was chairing. I was supposed to introduce all the members of the committee and give a little pep talk to boost their morale.

I was to recognize all the active members and also encourage the not so active members to start taking active participation in the committe activities and other events.

I prepared a small speech for the meeting but mid way through the meeting I realized that almost everything on my speech was already conveyed to the members by other members of the committee executive board. Since I was the last one to speak I thought I might end the meeting on a lighter note and so started out laying the different kinds of active members in our group.

Active members: Members who actively take part in the activities that they seem to be interested in.

In-active members: Members who willingly avoid almost any kind of participation in the committee activities.

Over-active members: Members who with their high energy levels display their state of high caffiene and do things that they are not even supposed to do.

Re-active members: Members who do not take part in any activity and instead stop others from taking active participation.

And now my favorite...

Attr-active members: These are the real crowd pullers in the group who are not really required to do anything but make people around them actively participate in the group activities with their charm.

When the talk ended, I thought it was in my best interest to not wait for people to come up to me with their reactions and quietly slipped out through the back door. Now that was a talk wasnt it ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10/20/2006 11:23 AM , Blogger Ravi said...

I need some over-active members to help me around here..

btw.. very nice talk ;-)

 
At 10/23/2006 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know atleast one attractive member out there who are the rest ;)

Quick thinking man!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home